14 Mistakes that Freelancers Make on Projects & How to Address Them [List]
Freelancing is a flexible, exciting business. Particularly if you enjoy your work, you may be eager to jump in and start working whenever a new project comes along. But you need to make sure your price estimates are thought-out, and understood by both parties or you could run into trouble.
Below is a list of 14 of the most common project estimate mistakes freelancers often make. It runs through each one individually, explaining why it’s a problem and offering advice to avoid them and keep your freelance business running and smoothly as possible.
Here are 14 mistakes freelancers make when creating a project estimate and how to fix them or avoid them all together:
– Not speaking to the client first.
– Not knowing your minimum hourly rate.
– Not accounting for profit.
– Not accounting for additional expenses.
– Not scoping projects correctly.
– Not providing package options.
– Not including terms and conditions.
– Not sticking to your guns.
– Not making the proposal a marketing piece.
– Not making the prospect a priority.
– Not making it easy to get started.
– Not making it easy to pay.
– Not catching typos and errors.
– Not following up.
Read full article: 14 project estimate mistakes that freelancers make (and how to fix them)