A Failed Attempt
We originally launched ProfitPress in 2013 as a program to help WordPress freelancers make extra money by better monetizing low-value clients. It was an interesting concept and fun to work on, but unsustainable as a standalone project.
Over the last few months we've been working to relaunch ProfitPress 2.0 with a new mission and a long-term approach.
Our New Mission
Our new mission is to help WordPress professionals earn more money.
We're broadening our approach to help all WordPress professionals: freelancers, agencies, plugin/theme developers, bloggers and anyone else who makes money with WordPress.
WordPress powers 1/3 of all websites–it's powerful, versatile software and WordPress professionals wield that power.
But most WordPress professionals lack the knowledge to fully leverage that power–it's a different skill set.
ProfitPress closes that gap to help WordPress professionals understand their unique strengths & discover how to start making extra money.
Our New Approach
Our new approach is to build a valuable WordPress resource over the next 5 years through content curation, writing in-depth guides, exploring new business models, sharing where other WordPress professionals are finding success and more.
We'll also experiment with new plugins, frameworks and more. We'll share these learnings in structured, easily searchable way (we've been experimenting with Algolia and it's awesome).
How ProfitPress is Organized
Here's how we've organized ProfitPress 2.0:
- Newsletter: Carefully selected articles to help you start earning more with WordPress. See our first newsletter here.
- Jobs: A list of 100+ job resources for WordPress and Remote (non-WordPress specific) jobs.
- Articles: A browsable, hand-curated collection of the best articles from around the web to help you earn more with WordPress.
- Guides: In-depth guides on ways to make more money with WordPress written by us and others.
- Blog: News and updates on ProfitPress, including our roundups.
All resources are free. We want ProfitPress 2.0 to be sustainable, so we'll look into monetizing with affiliate links, premium guides, memberships, etc. in the future.
We've just relaunched, so expect our limited content to steadily grow as we add new content.
Thanks and here's to earning more with WordPress!