Life as a WordPress freelancer or agency is highly competitive. There seem to be new entrants every day and anyone can call themselves a “WordPress Expert” and underprice you while promising the same result.
To compete, you need to stay at the top of your game with your skills, lead generation, business practices and more.
But there are thousands of new articles every day and you can’t read all of them. Well, you’re in luck, because we do and we’ve compiled the best ones below!
We add new articles weekly, so remember to mark articles complete after reading them in order to track progress. You must be logged in to mark articles complete. If you don’t have an account yet, get a free one here.
How to Use This Resource List
- Below is an very brief excerpt of each article.
- Clicking on an article will take you to an expanded overview of each article that we’ve manually created.
- At the bottom of the article overview there’s a link to the full article
- How to Get Your Freelance Business Out of a Rut [Guide]
- 5 Email Scripts to Get Unresponsive Client to Respond [Templates]
- 14 Mistakes that Freelancers Make on Projects & How to Address Them [List]
- 7 Things to Understand Before Helping a Client Develop Their Brand [List]
- The Fastest Way to Onboard New Clients with WordPress [Video Guide]
- The Ultimate Guide to Social Media for Freelancers [Step by Step Guide]
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Career Growth for WordPress Professionals [Guide & Video Interview]
- 13 Steps to Managing WordPress Sites [List]
- How WordPress Web Professionals Can Thrill Clients
- 8 Steps to Writing the Perfect Web Design Proposal [Step-by-Step Guide]
- 3 Ways to Serve WordPress Clients: 1-on-1, DYI & Group [Comparison]
- Why WordPress Freelancers Need a ‘How I Work’ Manifesto
- Do You Ever Feel Guilty Selling Your WordPress Services? Don’t, Here’s Why
- Starting a WordPress Business? Here are 30 Expenses You Should Expect [List]
- How to be a Successful WordPress Professional [Guide]
- How to Build a Career as a WordPress Professional in Your Free Time [Guide]
- How to Start Selling Services as a WordPress Freelancer [Guide]
- How to Get Better WordPress Clients [Guide]
- What Do You Need to Become a Web Designer? [Guide]
- Is Building WordPress Websites Still Profitable?
- How to Move From Freelancer to Company in 8 Steps [Step by Step Guide]
- Raise Your Prices
- 7 Tips on Value Based Pricing [List]
- How to Price Your WordPress Website Services [Guide]
- 5 Tips to Improve Your Freelance Business [List]
- How WordPress Freelancers Can Find a Niche [Interview]
- How to Talk to Your Clients About Profitable Projects [Guide]
- How to Succeed as a WordPress Freelancer [Interview]
- How to Niche Your Website Design Business [Interview]
- The Best & Worst Types of Clients for Agencies
- The Ultimate WordPress Freelancer & Agency Resource List [Complete List]
- 10 Steps to Success as a WordPress Consultant [List]
- Should You Ever do WordPress Client Work for Free? [Guide]
- The WordPress Freelancer’s Guide to Building Your Professional Network [Guide]
- How to Set Yourself Up for Success with New Clients: Expectations & Onboarding [Guide]
- How to Start Freelancing & Get Your First Client [Guide]
- 15 Questions to Make Killer Client Proposals [List]
- The WordPress Web Developer Honor Code
- The Ultimate WordPress Web Design Client Project Questionnaire [Template]
- How to Start & Grow a Freelance Business [Guide]
- 8 Tips for Creating a Successful WordPress Web Design Agency [List]
- How to Start a WordPress Web Development Business [Interview]
- How to Build a Successful WordPress Consulting Business
- Lead Generation for Small Businesses (the Right Way!)
- WordPress Pros vs. Website Builders: The Role of WordPress Professionals
- The Ultimate Guide to Bookkeeping for Freelancers [Guide]
- Make More Money by Automating Your WordPress Business
- Should WordPress Freelancers Show Rates & Pricing on Their Website?
- How to Pick a Domain Name for a Business Website [Guide]
- When is it Time to Revamp a Small Business Website? Here are 9 Ways to Know [List]
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for Business Websites [Guide]
- Why 50% of Small Businesses Still Don’t Have Websites (& How to Leverage This Opportunity)
Get More Clients
- How to Make a Career in WordPress Development as a Remote Freelancer [Guide]
- How to Find Your First Clients as a New WordPress Freelancer [Guide]
- Pros & Cons of Creating Ebooks for Your Clients [List]
- 9 Ways to Get More WordPress Clients [List]
- How to Get More Sales (For Yourself & Clients!) with Opt-Ins [Video Tutorial]
- 8 Ways to Handle Slow Sales as a Freelancer [List]
- How To Get More Clients With Facebook [Guide]
- The Top 10 Reasons You Don’t Close Sales on Website Projects [List]
- How to Get more Clients with Inbound Marketing [Interview]
- 9 Killer Tips to Win More Contracts & Get More Clients [List]
- 5 New Ways for Freelancers to Get Clients [List]
- 10 Ways to Close Client Project Deals Faster [List]
- How to Improve Your Branding & Marketing
- How WordPress Freelancers Can Stand Out & Win More Clients
- 5 Ways to Market Your Website Design Business [List]
- How to Get Leads & Sales for Your Freelance Business with Online Quizzes [Interview]
- How to Start Outsourcing & Build a Team for Your Agency
- How to Make Your WordPress Site Attract High Quality Clients [Guide]
- How to Attract Higher Paying Clients for Your WordPress Freelance Business [Guide]
- How Company Blogs Can Earn You More Clients & Projects
- A Guide to Finding Your Perfect Clients [Guide]
- How to Close More Leads With the Anti-Follow Up [Guide]
- 5 Ideas for Generating WordPress Web Design Leads [List]
- 25 Ways for WordPress Freelancers to Get More Leads [List]
- 5 Ways to Create a Winning Marketing Strategy for Your WordPress Agency [List]
- How to Get More Clients with Email Marketing [Guide]
- 20 Ways to Find More WordPress Clients [List]
- How to Sell Marketing as a Product [Interview]
- How to Get More Clients [Guide]
Grow & Diversify Income
- 24 Ways for WordPress Freelancers to Sustain Profitability [List]
- How to Supercharge Your WordPress Cash Flow with Repeat Client Business [Guide]
- How to Use Your Clients to Grow Your Business [Guide]
- How to Increase Your Website Services Sales [List]
- How to Win More Clients Without Doing More Work
- Should You Raise Your Rates?
- The #1 Way to Get More Sales From Existing Clients [Guide]
- Tired of Freelancing? 3 Ways Stop Freelancing & Make More Money [List]
- 5 Ways WordPress Freelancers Can Diversify Income [List]
- How to Grow Your WordPress Business with Fiverr [Guide]
- 10 Ways to Make More Money as a WordPress Freelancer [List]
- Why & How WordPress Freelancers Should Diversify Income
- 24 Ways WordPress Web Professionals Can Diversify Income [List]
- 50+ Tools to Make Your WordPress Freelance Business Scale [List]
- How (& Why) You Can Make More Money by Retaining Clients
- 2 Skills for Successful WordPress Freelancers & Agencies
Was this helpful?
How could we make this better?
- What did you like?
- What didn’t you like?
- What questions do you still have?
- What are you still struggling with?
Please let us know on our contact page.
If this was helpful please share it!